PEST CONTROL FAQ

Pest Control FAQ

Treatment & Chemical FAQs

Are the chemicals used in the treatment harmful to children or pets?

The chemicals that will be used in your home are mixed in such a way that they are only toxic to pests – most are nearly all water, with just a small amount of active ingredients.

Occasionally, we’ll require that you remove your pets from the area until the application has fully dried. Once it’s dried, there should not be enough active ingredients remaining to harm your pets.

I am pregnant. Will these chemicals harm my baby?

The chemicals used in your home are safe to all, including pregnant women. However, in specific applications, we require that you leave the home until the treatment has dried.

Do we need to leave the home prior to treatment?

Typically, the treatment that will be used in your home has little or no odor and no fumes. Occasionally, you may be asked to leave prior to treatment – but you’ll be informed of this beforehand.

How do I know the treatment is working if there’s no odor?

The odor in pesticides never eliminates pests – it only repels them. It’s the chemical residue that eliminates pests. Most new research shows that by using pesticides without repellents, you actually increase the chances that pests will come in contact with the residue.

Do these chemicals stain?

Unless the surface can be stained by water, most items inside or outside your home will not be stained by a pesticide.

Will these chemicals contaminate my well?

Your well’s location is an important factor that we consider if injecting chemicals into your soil is necessary. We make sure to apply the treatment while maintaining proper distance from your well.

Will chemicals irritate asthma?

Because the pesticides used do not create fumes, they should not aggravate any existing medical conditions. However, in some cases, pests such as mice, rats, or cockroaches can actually worsen asthma.

Aren’t pesticides a major cause of cancer?

That is no longer the case. Pesticides with known high carcinogenic properties are no longer allowed to be registered with the EPA as pesticides.

Call us with any additional questions you might have.

Share by: